自動またはその他／EAP1(English for Academic Purposes 1)
|平常点(In-class Points)||100%||Academic Writing(50%) 、Worksheets(15%) 、Presentation(15%) 、Discussion workbooks(10%) 、Proficiency Test(5%) 、Participation and Homework(5%)|
Unexcused absences and poor participation will detract from your grade. Please note that 4 absences will result in failure of the course. Written assignments and worksheets handed in late will be penalized. However, Reading discussion worksheets will not be accepted late.
By the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Write a basic academic essay
- Take accurate notes on a lecture or video documentary
- Give a simple presentation on a general business topic
- Demonstrate understanding of texts on general business topics through summary of the main content
- Participate in discussions or debates on basic business issues
EAP 1 is designed to help students learn academic English skills via general content (with some business focus). It is the first step in the BBL program, which is followed by EAP 2 (which examines more academic content), and ESP (which moves into specialized business content).
Students will study topics related to business and the BBL program goals. Activities include the following:
- Read about and discuss issues related to business and global issues
- Present summaries of news articles to classmates
- Listen to videos and speeches related to business and global issues
- Research, write, and present on business and global issues
No text is set for this course. All course materials will be provided.
Any additional readings will be distributed in class.
Students will be required to complete preparatory activities online, based on assigned readings in the course materials booklet.
Students will use an online Learning Management System to complete preparation activities.